Hey everyone! I’m really excited to share my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. This past week, I was really trying to get my body back on track… it seems I have gained a few lbs since starting this blog journey, lol. So I kind of wanted to cleanse my body of the sweets for a bit.
But then, thanks to social media, I saw Jessie James Decker posting about her chocolate chip cookies, and I thought to myself “screw the diet, I’m making cookies tomorrow.”
I had two cookies, they were my dinner since I decided to have a cheat day. Let me just tell you about these cookies. They are crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. And whatever you do, do not deviate from this recipe lol. I do it all the time, even when I think I have nailed a recipe down. But this right here, is PERFECT.
This is my go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It has a little more flour than your typical recipe, because I like my cookies to rise up a bit and have a lot of texture. Don’t ever skip out on the butter!! I use brown sugar only, not a combination of brown/granulated…. and finally, I could never determine if I preferred baking soda or baking powder best in recipe testing, so I incorporate both.
This cookie is so good, sometimes I make it without the chocolate chips. I will add below a couple points in nailing this recipe consistently every time.
- Use real butter always unsalted at room temp
- Use quality vanilla extract
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking
- Scoop 3 TBS of dough when forming cookies
- Do not press them down on the sheet
- Baking time will always vary depending on your oven. I do not let the cookies come out slightly undercooked, I don’t like them to look pale in color. I let them become brown all over. Cooking time for me is perfect right at 19 minutes.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour - 2 tsp baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp baking soda - 1 tsp salt - 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar - 1 1/4 cup butter - 2 eggs - 2 tsp vanilla - 10-12 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter with the sugar until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract. Next, incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar slowly.
Careful not to over mix the dough. Once the flour mixture is well incorporated, with your hands mix in the chocolate chips.
Stick the dough into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, form 3 tbs worth of dough into balls and place on a large cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
Baking time can vary between 15-20 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven when they are brown all over. Let stand on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooking rack till they cool completely.
2 thoughts on “The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie”
These look SO good!Gotta try them,except I’m going to have to veganize them haha<3Love this,keep blogging:)I'd love for you to check my blog out as well:)
Thank you for reading! Let me know how they turn out!!
LikeLiked by 1 person